Course Outline - Business Administration Program: Year 1
ACCT 212 Computerized Accounting
Brief Course Description
Students will obtain a sound working knowledge of a current computerized accounting package by completing workbook exercises in Simply Accounting. Modules in this package will incorporate accounting simulations which are very similar to real life experiences of entering transactions and preparing various financial reports in an accounting office.
No Prerequisites for this course
On completion of the Unit the candidate will be able to:
- To demonstrate the ability to work independently to attain a specified accounting related task by a specified deadline.
- To prepare all reports utilized by Simply Accounting in small and medium sized business activities on nine different work simulations.
- To set up accounting records for different businesses using Simply Accounting. To process a number of transactions related to these individual businesses and print required Simply Accounting reports.
- To demonstrate mastery of on the job tasks related to entry-level accounting/bookkeeping positions.
- To maximize the development of the individual through the successful completion of practical projects within rigidly set timelines.
Required course materials*
Purbhoo, M, Using Sage 50 Accounting 2020. Toronto: Pearson.
Students can download Sage 50 Accounting 2020 for up to 14 months, go to http://na.sage.com/ca/about-us/education and Install the software version 2020.0. Follow the instructions on the Sage website or as explained in the appendix to your textbook in order to activate your software
The Course Duration is 64 Hours
Course Homework Hours will be 10 hours per week approximately.
Indicate how the course is delivered:
X In-class instruction
- Distance education
- Combined delivery (both in-class and distance)
Teaching Methods will Involve Seminar Format, Lecture format and Laboratory Format depending upon the course demand
Method(s) of Student Evaluation*
|Type of Assessment
|Chapters 1 & 2
|Chapter 3 - Muriel’s Murals
|Chapter 4 - Love it Again
|Chapter 5 - Groen Fields
|Chapter 6 - Phoebe’s Photo Studio
|Chapter 7 - Northern Lights
|Chapter 10 - Flabuless Fitness
|Chapter 11 - Chiropractic Clinic
|Chapter 15 - Tess’s Tresses
|Chapter 16 - VeloCity
A Candidate has to attain a minimum score of 50% overall to ensure successful course completion