The Teacher's Assistant program prepares the student to work in formal school settings, assisting teachers in the development and delivery of effective educational experiences for school aged children. Course content provides the student with knowledge and skills in the areas of: child growth and development; learning strategies to support curriculum for diverse learners; interpersonal skills and working as a professional team member. This program offers a combination of theoretical instruction along with practical experience in an educational setting.
- 70% in Grade 12 or Post-Secondary Studies with minimum 50% in each subject
- IELTS 6.0 overall with 1 band 5.5/TOEFL 80 /PTE 58 OR
- 60% in Grade 12 or Post-Secondary Studies with minimum 50% in each subject
- IELTS 6.5 overall with 1 band 5.5 or 6 in each module/ TOEFL 85 /PTE 63
Graduates of The Teacher's Assistant Diploma Program qualify for Level 2 Early Childhood Educator Certification through Child Care Staff Certification, Government of Alberta, Children and Youth Services upon completion of their diploma.
Students who obtain 45 hours in an Early Childhood course can apply for Level 1 Childhood Educator Certification from the Government of Alberta, Children and Youth Services.
- Copy of Grade 10, High School Diploma or College Diploma (Most current education)
- English Test Result (if required) English Requirements/Exemptions
- Scan of Passport Front and Back
- Apply Online with Aplicar
Start Date:January, May, September
Credentials Of Program:Certificate / Diploma
Length Of Program:4 Semesters - 2 years
Tuition Fee$ 15,000.00
Administrative Charges$ 250
Textbooks and other charges$ 1000
Medical Coverage for 90 days$ 130.50